Friday, November 14, 2008

Writing For Vanessa

My niece Vanessa has asked me to write something, so I am. For the last couple of months we have been subjected to a tidal wave of political propaganda from both parties. Each calling the other names spreading innuendo etc. Here is Massachusetts there are only 16 Republican state senators on Beacon Hill the rest are all Democrats. Nothing changes there is no debate or challenge to policies. Things continue to spiral down. Today we learned that the Mass. Pike will be raising their tolls on the highway. Each harbor tunnel will cost about 8 bucks to go through, it's sickening. In California Prop 8 passed thank goodness thanks to the efforts of good christian God fearing people. No my church is taking a lot of heat from a bunch of sore losers. We've been through a heck of a lot worse. It's despicable how lists of donors have been made public by bitter people  with the intention of persecuting those who donated to Prop 8.
I am worried about our country and the sense that 53 percent of people who voted this election cycle want bigger government. To have entitlements and to weaken our military. To have open borders and allow illegal aliens to much slack. Now the country will experience what Massachusetts experiences every day.
As for me and my house we enjoy church and put our hopes and efforts toward living good lives and enjoying our family and friends. So Vanessa I'm grateful for you asking me to write. Fall in New England is gorgeous and Thanksgiving is just around the corner. My favorite holiday.

1 comment:

VTS said...

Sounds like you have a mouthful to say. You should write more regularly! This was a good post and many things I agree with, but I was thinking the other day that I (and others) need to believe more in America. That there is much good being done here. That if we live good lives and walk in faith, everything will turn out for good. And esentially I think that's what you're trying to say at the end of your post. There is so much good to focus on and I choose to support that.