Thursday, July 31, 2008

Passions Arise!


While at the annual Minuteman Muster I found myself wandering around the various camps and listening to the fife and drum. With patriotic sounds resonating in my ears I came across the British encampment.  A scaffold had been set up for bayonet practice. Two burlap sacks of hay were set swinging in the breeze under the beam. On the beam were the names of Americas most beloved patriots, Hancock and Adams. My feelings surprised me! Suddenly I wasn't at a reenactment, I was in colonial New England again. I was angry and offended that these british tyrants would be so bold as to insult us on our own soil. It's just acting I told myself, it's just acting, now calm down. I composed myself and with steam coming from under my collar I took a picture of the blasphemy. I then went to the lemonade stand and bought my self a cool one, I needed a drink. I love America.

1 comment:

VTS said...

Amen, my friend. Amen.

My dad taught me intense patriotism. It must run in our blood!